BUSINESSMAN James Makamba says he fled Zimbabwe in 2005 because he feared then President Robert Mugabe who suspected that he was conducting an adulterous affair with former first lady Grace.
- Warrant Of Arrest for Grace Mugabe’s Alleged Lover James Makamba
- #ZanuPFPrimaries2018: James Makamba Disqualified From Primary Elections Following Tape Leak
- Exiled James Makamba speaks on CIO leaked classified documents on Grace Mugabe Adulterous affairs
- Exclusive Leaked Files from Zimbabwe Secret C.I.O on Grace Mugabe
- Mugabe Fumes Over Wife Deportation Threats| Letters from Salisbury Remand Prison
Makamba said this as he appeared in court Friday seeking the cancellation of a warrant of arrest issued soon after he skipped the country. Ahead of that he was facing charges of externalisation of funds and trading in forex without a licence.
The controversial businessman returned to Zimbabwe in December following a coup which deposed Mugabe.
Makamba left the country after he was locked up for allegedly illegally dealing in foreign currency without a licence and externalisation. He was to spend more than 10 years in self-imposed exile.
On Friday, he told court that he came back because Mugabe was no longer the president.
More to come ….