As of Monday afternoon last week, a total of 13 female members of embattled Walter Magaya’s Prophetic Healing and Deliverance (PHD) church had approached the police claiming that the so-called prophet raped them, it has been reported.
Sources close the case said most of the women filed the charges at the Harare Central Station in which they accuse the church leader of raping them before threatening them into silence.
- Rape Accused Prophet Walter Magaya has no case to answer :Court
- Latest : Prophet Walter Magaya Impregnated Bona Mugabe
- Rape accused Walter Magaya Lures Women Affairs Minister
- I prophesied Bond notes in January: Walter Magaya
- Walter Magaya in nasty scuffle
- Walter Magaya fingered fingered for the death of 11 people in Kwekwe
- Prophet Walter Magaya’s PHD woman on the run for theft
- Illegal land invasion : Zimbabwean Prophet Walter Magaya sued
- Magaya’s Rape Accusation: Exposing the arrogance of patriarchy and religion
- Magaya Says Innocent Of Raping Midlands State University Student
- Prophet Magaya to build 46 000 houses
- Financial crisis hits Prophet Magaya
- WATCH : Magaya Speaks About Arrest
- Prophet Magaya speaks on sex scandals
The sources said the number is expected to increase as more women come forward to lay charges against the “prophet” who is accused of being a Satanist by other church denominations.
“So far the number of women who have come forward since Saturday are 13, but the number could increase. Most of the women say they were raped at Magaya’s guest houses and various places after which they were threatened with death if they reported the abuse to anyone,” the source said.
Magaya was on Friday arrested for raping a congregant in July last year and he was released on US$2000 bail.