Get the latest details as Zimbabwe opposition parties go ahead with the planned grand demonstration to press for the implementation of electoral reforms.
The march has been called for by an umbrella group of 18 opposition parties, the National Electoral Reform Agenda. It has the backing of civic rights groups like ThisFlag and Tajamuka.
Read more here
Below is the mega demonstration programme
1. 0800hrs Participants gathering.
2. 0900hrs Organising department take charge.( introductions)
3. 1000hrs Principals arrival at Ambassador Hotel.
4. 1030hrs Principals leave for Fredom Square
5. 1100hrs March start
6. 1230hrs Arrival at ZEC and handover
7. 1300hrs Freedom Square Principals address
Harare – Zimbabwean opposition political parties have vowed to go ahead with the planned grand demonstration on Friday to press for the implementation of electoral reforms, as the country gears for presidential elections in 2018.
The opposition remained defiant, despite police’s last-minute attempts to bar the protest from taking place.