70 year old Zimbabwean granny infects boy (10) with STI

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

A 70-YEAR-OLD Nyazura woman is alleged to have sexually assaulted a 10-year-old boy whom she forcibly bedded several times, resulting in the minor contracting a sexually transmitted infection.Mary Macheme of Macheme Village under Chief Makoni appeared before Rusape regional magistrate Mr Livingstone Chipadza, facing aggravated indecent assault charges.sti

She is denying the charges.

District public prosecutor Mr Tirivanhu Mutyasira told the court that Macheme bedded the boy on countless occasions this year.

“On a date unknown to the State, but this year, the accused called the complainant to her bedroom and instructed him to sleep with her.

“The boy refused, but she forced him. Around midnight, the complainant was awakened by the accused person, who had placed him on top of her body. “

The prosecutor said the old lady then physically forced the boy to become  intimate with her.

“This trend continued on countless times,” said Mr Mutyasira.

The abuse was exposed on July 16.

Said Mr Mutyasira: “On this date, the boy’s father came from Harare to visit him.

“When he arrived he was quickly told by the accused person that his son had injured himself while playing with other children from the village.

“The worried father called his son and checked him for the injuries.

“He was surprised to find blisters on his son’s manhood. He questioned him and the boy disclosed the abuse to him. A police report was made leading to the grandmother’s arrest.”

Macheme was remanded in custody and the case goes for trial on August 16.

In an unrelated incident, a 19-year-old teenager from Honde Valley has

been slapped with a 15-year jail term for raping a Form Two girl.

Prudence Delight Matasva of Dumbura Village had terrorised villagers as he broke into several homesteads and attempted to rape vulnerable girls and women at knife point.

Mr Mutyasira told the court that on June 1 at around 1am, he broke into several homes and attempted to rape women.

“On that day, he went to the complainant’s homestead and the complainant had retired to bed in the company of her younger sister. The accused person pushed the door open and entered the room.

“The occupants screamed for help, but no-one heard them. While inside, he threatened to kill them if they continued to make noise. He took a knife which he placed in his mouth and went on to rape the girl.

“During the act, the younger sister bolted and went outside. She ran to call for help from neighbours. As the suspect disappeared, the complainant rushed out of the room naked and sought refuge at a neighbour’s house where she revealed what had happened. A police report was made leading to the arrest of the suspect,” said Mr Mutyasira.

Mr Chipadza set aside five years of the sentence on condition of good behaviour.

He will be back in court soon on attempted rape charges.