According to the NMC website, it is alleged that whilst employed by Pulse Agency as a registered nurse between August 2010 and September 2013 she :
1. Provided or caused to be provided to your employer a reference dated 6 February 2012, purportedly completed in full by Colleague 1 which had not been so completed:
2. Provided a falsified safeguarding children training certificate dated 8 January 2013 to your employer.
3. Your conduct, as set out in charges 1 and/or 2 above, was dishonest in that your intention was to mislead your employer.
4. Whilst working at George Eliot Hospital on the night shift commencing 27 May 2013;
4.1. Left the ward for significant lengths of time.
4.2. Self-administered drugs whilst on duty
4.3. Discharged your duties whilst under the influence of drugs.
Whilst working at Northampton General Hospital as a registered midwife;
5. On the night shift commencing 15 November 2012
5.1. Used your mobile phone whilst on duty
5.2. Used the internet whilst on duty.
5.3. Slept and/ or dozed whilst on duty
5.4. Failed to respond to a request to care for a patient
5.5. Failed to respond to one or more call bells
5.6. Failed to adequately assist the team throughout the shift
5.7. Left the shift early without authorisation to do so
6. On the night shift commencing 20 November 2012
6.1. Failed to respond to a request to assist a patient with breastfeeding support
6.2. Read a magazine whilst on duty
7. Before the end of your shift on 29 November 2012 you failed to complete and/or adequately handover the following tasks in relation to Patient B:
7.1. Completion of the safeguarding paperwork
7.2. Labelling of the baby
7.3. Administration of vitamin K to the baby
7.4. Labelling of the placenta
7.5. Completion of the post natal VTE assessment
8. During your shift ending on 29 November 2012 you failed to follow safeguarding procedure in relation to patient B in that you:
8.1. Failed to complete the pre-birth plan
8.2. Failed to inform the necessary persons of Patient B’s admission to the ward
8.3. Failed to inform the necessary persons of Patient B’s delivery
9. On the night shift commencing 24 May 2013
9.1. Left the ward for significant lengths of time
9.2. Self-administered drugs whilst on duty
9.3. Discharged your duties whilst under the influence of drugs
And in light of the above, your fitness to practise is impaired by reason of your misconduct”.
The hearing is set for 1-12 June 2015 .