- Chiwenga led campaign to obliterate the Ndebele from the face of the earth
- Chiwenga on numerous occasions failed courses at Staff College and attempted a suicide in the 1980s
- Shot himself and hospitalised after illegally obtaining course briefing at Staff college in 80s.
- Judge who decided in the High Court was the first sitting judge to be buried at Heroes Acre
- Chiwenga wants to be president
Zimbabwe’s top soldier General, Constantine Chiwenga, whose messy divorce details have been kept under lock and keys after a High court judge issued a legal gag against its disclosure has been exposed following a leak of the determination, thezimbabwenewslive.com can reveal.
Although a report was made by the Zimbabwe Independent in 2014, a High court determination is now in public domain.
Chiwenga who is now married to ex-model Marry Mubaiwa divorced his wife of 14 years businesswoman Jocelyn Chiwenga –Mauchaza and their divorce in the High Court dished out all sort of dirt, to a point that the presiding judge the late Justice Mutema imposed a blanket blackout on the case “for security reasons” after embarrassing details emerged at the beginning of the protracted court proceedings that Chiwenga—who is overall commander of Zimbabwe’s estimated 30 000 strong army—had told the court of how he used to be beaten to pulp by her violent ex-wife.
The two were married in November 1998 before the marriage broke down in 2012 when Chiwenga filed for divorce citing ex-wife Jocelyn’s alleged violent behaviour. Jocelyn once attacked MDC-T leader Morgan Tsvangirai after she bumped into him while he was shopping at an upmarket supermarket in Harare.
Justice Mutema is the first sitting High court judge to be buried at the Heroes acre in 2015.Chiwenga was instrumental in bidding for Mutema’s hero status.
Although the High Court made a judgement regarding a settlement on the sharing of vast properties spread countrywide and abroad,
According to the judgment number 463/14, the High Court granted the divorce after both parties conceded that their marriage had irretrievably broken down.
The court also adjudicated on how the couples should share their matrimonial property, among them real estate, companies, top of the range motor vehicles, jewellery, furniture and clothes exposing their vast wealth in the process.
Most of the couples’ properties were registered in the name of companies. Here is the list:
- Blue Chip Stamp Company (Pvt) Ltd which owned a property at 5 Rosary Close, Quinnington, Borrowdale measuring 5 701 square metres.
- Lighthouse Investments (Pvt) Ltd which owned four industrial units in Willowvale, with each unit measuring
3 850 square metres and Liversay Investments (Pvt) Ltd which owns a property at 614 Prince Drive in Borrowdale Brook measuring 4 817 square metres.
- Hidcote Investment (Pvt) Ltd which owns a property at 79 Follyjon Crescent measuring 4 955 square metres
- Grandi Lodge Sixty One (Pvt) which owns a house on a 1 692 square metres stand in Borrowdale Brooke.
- Ouacker Investments, which owns stand 103 Shawasha Hills residential estate.
- Yolsac Safaris (Pvt) ltd which trades as Kazungula Wildlife Safaris
7.Ventilux (Pvt) Ltd, which has since folded.
- Apartment in Malaysia
9.A house at 9 Msasa Drive in Msasa Park.
In addition, the couple owned Dokson Investments which spearheaded operations at their farm in Goromonzi. Chiwenga was allocated the farm under the government’s land reform programme.
- 539 Borrowdale Brooke measuring 1 456 metres squared
- Dominicus Investments (Pvt) Ltd which owns an industrial stand in Marondera.
- 34 Lythan Drive in Glen Lorne
- A vacant piece of land at Mermaids Pool about 42 kilometres from Harare.
14.Apart from the properties, the couple also owned motor vehicles, among them, a Prado, Jeep, Toyota land Cruiser V8, Mercedes Benz C180, Land Rover Defender and a Land Rover Discovery 4.
15.List of jewellery, among them, gold bracelets encrusted with diamonds, gold rings encrusted with diamonds, four gold watches with 36 carat diamond, three gold chains with diamond pendants, gold choker with centre diamond and two gold bangles encrusted with diamonds.
- 40 gold watches, white gold rings, four white gold chokers, choker Jackie Kennedy pearls and bracelet pearls, 10 gold anlelet, an emerald ring, pearl ring encrusted with 24 carat diamond, forty eight gold broaches and a set of gold earrings and chain with diamonds.
- 45 sets of diamond earrings, diamond tiara, blue diamond ring, diamond and emerald necklace, emerald cocktail ring, yellow diamond ring, diamond engagement rings, emerald rings and men’s rolex watches.
The court awarded most of the immovable property to Chiwenga including property at 5 Rosary Close, Quinnington, 79 Follyjon Crescent, stand 332 Borrowdale Brooke, Ventilux (Pvt) Ltd, Chakoma Farm, Marondera Industrial stand and part of Mermaids Pool, 3 850 square metre stand where Ventilux operated from on stand 181 in Willowvale and similar stand where C&J (Pvt) Ltd operated from.
He was given 85% share of 614 Price Drive, the couple’s matrimonial home, and stand 103 Chishawasha Hills, weapons and several hunting trophies.
Jocelyn was awarded the house in Glen Lorne and a second house on stand 332 Borrowdale Brooke which she had already disposed of.
She also got the 3 850 square metre stand from where her company Zimsafe operated from and a similar industrial unit which the couple was leasing. She also received two properties in Borrowdale Brooke.
She was given most of the property in the master bedroom, five bedrooms, kitchen and master bathroom at their matrimonial home.
She was also awarded seven vehicles among them a jeep, Toyota Land cruiser V8, two Mercedes Benz, Land Rover Defender, Land Rover Discovery and a Toyota Hiace.
After judgment, Jocelyn was unhappy with High Court decision. She approached the Supreme Court and lost her case on 13 February this year. The Supreme Court case (Number451/14) , before Justices Vernanda Ziyambi, Anne-Mary Gowora and Bharat Patel and was heard for the first time on July 27, 2015.
Chiwenga’s ex-wife Jocelyn was once a waitress at Jobs Night Club in Harare. She changed her name to Jocelyn Jacobsen after she married a Danish national whose safety clothing firm it was reported she later seized with the help of Chiwenga before the two got joined in “holy” matrimony in 1998. It is claimed that Jocelyn grabbed Chiwenga from one of her best friends, Hazvinei, after she dumped Jacobsen.
Chiwenga accumulated his wealth from mining of diamonds in Zimbabwe and DRC OPERATIONS . Every company used in mining and looting Chiadzwa diamonds had everything to do with former and serving security and military men .
Who is General Chiwenga?
He was born Dominic Chinenge on 25 August 1956 in Hwedza district of Mashonaland East Province.The three-time divorcee changed his name to Constantino Guveya Dominic Nyikadzino Chiwenga in 2016 .He left for war from Mt St Mary’s where both( he and now head of Air force of Zimbawe Bigboy Chikerema (Perence Shiri)) were students.
He rose through the ranks to become a Provincial Commander for Masvingo/Gaza Province deputised by George Chiweshe who was the Provincial Commissar. He was later promoted to the High Command in 1978 to the post of ZANLA Deputy Political Commissar as late Josiah Tungamirai’s deputy.
In 1981 he was attested to the newly formed Zimbabwe National Army as a brigadier commanding First Brigade in Bulawayo where he played a significant role during had a role in Gukurahundi, with his pals Shiri and Mnangagwa as Defence Minister. He was later promoted to the rank of major general and reverted to his original name of Constantine Chiwenga.
According to Stuart Doran ,Chiwenga’s unit also provided a range of practical assistance, including logistical support for 5 Brigade and a base from which Shiri’s men operated when they made punitive raids on Bulawayo’s townships.
“Together with other former Zanla cadres, who shared common experiences and common hatreds, the pair was intimately involved in an apparent attempt to obliterate the Ndebele from the face of the earth.
In the early 1980s General Chiwenga was exposed for bribing a junior officer into giving him solutions for a practical Intermediate Staff Course. It is alleged the he accepted a green coded paper with suggested solutions which are available only after the exam. Chiwenga was expelled from the course after refusing to name the Major who had given him the paper. He then went on to shoot himself through a shoulder in an attempt on his life and was admitted at Parirenyatwa Hospital in Harare.
He has been a commander of Zimbabwe Defence Forces since 2003.
His term should have expired in 2013 but it’s renewed each year , a move some see as a reward for the role he played alongside George Chiweshe in thwarting Morgan Tsvangirai and MDC in 2008 hence saving RG’s presidency.
In 2015 ,60 year -old Chiwenga told a gathering in South Africa on his PhD graduation that he wants to be President of Zimbabwe.//ends
- Moyo Wrote Chiwenga PhD Thesis:Sources
- Chiwenga ’s fight with ex-wife reaches Supreme Court
- UKZN Awards Zimbabwe Defence Forces Commander Chiwenga With A Doctorate Degree
- General Constantino Chiwenga thesis on UKZN library shelves
- Zanu pf succession wars:General Chiwenga’s remarks sends Grace Mugabe led G40 into panic