Saviour Kasukuwere Finally Speaks On General Mujuru Death

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr +

Zanu PF national political commissar and Minister of Local Government, Public Works and National Housing Saviour Kasukuwere has vehemently refuted social media reports that he was the last person
to see General Mujuru alive.

General Mujuru

General Mujuru

“There is nothing like that. It is not true. It is the work of my enemies,”  said  Kasukuwere  in a telephone interview with The Mirror.
The social media was gripped with the claim that Kasukuwere and Supa Mandiwanzira, the Minister for Information, Communication and Technology,
Postal and Courier Services were the last two persons who saw Mujuru who was killed in an inferno at his Beatrice farm in 2011 alive.
The article which was posted by one Elliot Pfebve claimed that the two saw Gen Mujuru for the last time at a cricket match in Harare.
When contacted for comment by The Mirror Mandiwanzira said, “I don’t comment on fake news”.
Pfebve who posted the message could not be reached for comment as he was said to be in the UK on MDC T mission.
Dr Joice Mujuru, the wife of the late commander who has always claimed that her husband was murdered said through her spokesperson, Gift Nyandoro,
“The death of the decorated soldier is surrounded by mysterious circumstances that has led to quiry after quiry.
“As a family we believe God has his way to resolve the matter and the truth shall get to be known without wanting to comment on the said article, we hope
the truth will be known”.
The statement claimed that Kasukuwere actually talked to Mujuru while Mandiwanzira who stood at a distance never talked to him.
“Breaking News: Saviour Kasukuwere and Supa Mandiwanzira were the 2 people who last saw Gen Solomon Mujuru alive, I can reveal. Gen Solomon Mujuru was seen watching cricket between Zimbabwe and Bangladesh on Sunday 14
August 2011, 12 hours before he died. The Gen was drinking a glass of Whisky, at the same time Supa Mandiwanzira in the company of Saviour Kasukuwere was seen keeping an eye on the General, it has been learned. Kasukuwere approached Gen Mujuru  at  approximately  1530 hrs on Sunday 14 August 2011 at Harare Sports Club, and soon the 2 started talking to each other.
“Supa Mandiwanzira kept a distance, he neither talked to the Gen Mujuru nor greeted him.
Gen Mujuru is said to have left the Harare Sports Club (sic) at
around 1600 hrs, after the said conversation with Saviour Kasukuwere. Both Supa Mandiwanzira and Saviour Kasukuwere left the Bar immediately after Gen Solomon Mujuru, it is not known whether Mujuru was trailed afterwards but what is known is that Gen Mujuru died within 12 hours after meeting
both Mandiwanzira and Kasukuwere,” said part of the post.-Mirror