MDC Alliance President Nelson Chamisa has appointed David Chimhini as the Acting Secretary-General in Chalton Hwende’s absence.
In a statement on Wednesday, Jameson Timba, the Secretary for Presidential affairs said the appointment was made in terms of the party constitution.
- Hwende Fires Back at Lilian Timveos
- Lilian Timveos savages Chalton Hwende
- Hwende turns down salary, allowances from MDC-A
- Tsvangirai’s MDC Pulled Out Of MDC Alliance – Hwende
- “Tagwirei Provided Fuel For MDC 2018 Elections Campaign, Hwende knows”
- Eric Knight Dumps Morgan Tsvangirai’s MDC-T Following Hwende Attack
- President Tsvangirai Suspends Chalton Hwende Over Matabeleland Disturbances
Timba, however, did not reveal Hwende’s whereabouts or even when he will return to assume his duties. He said:
Please be advised that the President has with immediate effect appointed Hon. David Chimhini as the Acting Secretary-General in terms of the Constitution until the return of our Secretary-General, Hon Chalton Hwende.
Hwende has made been in the news recently following former MDC-A senator Lilian Timveos’ defection to ZANU PF.
Timveos accused Hwende of persecuting and sidelining senior party members and hounding her out of the party, embezzling party funds, and destroying the party single-handedly.