Ignatius Chombo arriving at the Harare Magistrates court
Former Cabinet Minister Ignatius Chombo has arrived this morning at the Harare Magistrates Court to face corruption related charges.
- Ex-Finance minister Chombo arrested, accused of grabbing large tracts of land for himself and Grace Mugabe
- Phillip Chiyangwa and Chombo Face Imminent Arrest
- Corruption Accused Chombo Gets His Passport Back
- Ignatius Chombo Jailed
- Ex-Finance Minister Chombo To Stand Trial For Wearing Zanu-PF Regalia Without Authority
- Ex-Zimbabwe Finance Minister Ignatius Chombo Allowed to Travel to South Africa for Medical Treatment
He was arrested on Monday in connection with findings in the Uchena Land Commission report.
Chombo is being represented by Professor Lovemore Madhuku.
According to the recommendations from the Commission of Inquiry into the Sale of State Land in and around Urban Settlements, at least 431 cases of suspected corruption in the sale of State land need to be investigated and prosecutions instigated.
The commission also wants all past and present Government officers connected with managing State land investigated, including lifestyle audits, for possible charges of abuse of office, bribery and general corrupt practices.