THE Minister of Information Communication Technologies and Courier Services, Supa Mandiwanzira has been implicated in a US$4 million scandal amid corruption allegations surrounding NetOne and Huawei Technologies for the NetOne project, dubbed the National Mobile Broad-Band (MBB), a project that is funded by China Exim Bank for the expansion of NetOne and bringing high speed broad-band communication, theZimbabwenewslive.com can exclusively reveal.
According to newly revealed documents in possession obtained by this publication, Mandiwanzira wanted netone to pay $4m as success fee “in kind” to Megawatt energy for their consultancy to reduce Huawei prices.
Mandiwanzira and Megawatt Energy share a property in Johannesburg . It is believed that if Netone had paid then he would share the proceeds with Megawatt.He had underhand dealings with a Chinese businessman, Li Siao Dong, who owns Megawatt Energy, which was tasked to investigate whether Huawei had not overcharged on a $248 million base station NetOne project of 2012, and was then supposed to be paid $4 million for the job.
Mandiwanzira, is building a structure in Midrand, South Africa, through his company based in South Africa called Blue Nightingale Trading, jointly with Li Siao Dong’s three companies based in South Africa called Eliz, Ceseec and Megawatt.
- Supa Mandiwanzira gets $200K car without approval
- Supa Mandiwanzira in $4m NetOne scandal
- Supa Mandiwanzira dismisses US$20 000 Telecel donation Scandal
- Parly summons Mandiwanzira over Telecel saga
- Zimbabwe Corruption:ZINARA-Univern deals were not sanctioned by the State Procurement Board
- Top Lawyer Sucked Into Zinara’s US$8m Snow Graders Supa Scandal…Zim Tender Board Compromised
- Zinara ‘$8m Snow Grader’ Corruption Takes Another Supa-Dropping Twist …Univern Enterprises Directors Are Named