HARARE – The outspoken Harare-based social media political activist Hopewell Chin’ono on Monday was fingered in alleged credit card fraudulent activities during the years of his studies in the United Kingdom. This stunning revelation was made by Zimbabwean Independent Parliamentarian for Norton.
Chin’ono’s alleged criminal past came out in the open in a bombshell revelation by an Independent legislator Temba Mliswa during an unpleasant exchange of unsavory remarks on tweeter postings on Monday.
Mliswa revealed that Hopewell Chin’ono who calls himself Daddyhope; and former ZBC Radio and television journalist who is also a former Member of Parliament and himself, used to live together in a small city just outside London called Slough, in the United Kingdome. During this time Hopewell is accused of having been involved in credit card fraudulent activities.
Hopewell Chin’ono is a Zimbabwean journalist and anti-corruption campaigner who criticises President Emmerson Mnangagwa’s administration of human rights abuses. Chin’ono was arrested on July 20, 2020, on accusations of supporting an anti-government protest.
- Hopewell Chin’ono Loses his Boer Goat After Being Threatened with Defamation Suit
- Zimbabwe court quashes charges against journalist Hopewell Chin’ono
- God doesn’t like stupid people: Hopewell Chin’ono
- Hopewell Chin’ono Predicts Zanu PF 2023 Win
- Hopewell Chin’ono Attacks Chamisa
- Java twists the knife into Hopewell Chin’ono
- Zimbabweans dismayed by Hopewell Chino’no’s attempt to bully artists into supporting his political views
- ‘Be Tolerant’ , Former Zanu PF Apologist Hopewell Chin’ono told
- Hopewell Chin’ono and Thabani Mpofu sued by Prosecutor-General over Henrietta Rushwaya claims
- Journalist Chin’ono Attacked Over Stolen Railway Line
- Joseph Mhaka Fled UK After £1.3 million fraud
- MY TOUGH JOURNEY IN BUSINESS|£1.3 million UK credit card fraudster Joseph Tazvi Mhaka speaks
- Fraudster Joseph Tazvi Mhaka who went on the run from the UK after stealing £1.3 million in grand bank fraud defends pal Sir Wicknell
- Hopewell Chin’ono , a UK Credit Card Scammer : Mliswa
Before the arrest, Chin’ono had published a post on Twitter in which he alleged corruption involving a $60 million purchase of protective equipment for health workers. President Mnangagwa later fired the health minister, who has been formally charged with corruption in the case.
Milswa also revealed that Chin’ono was not employed by BBC and ITV as he claims. He was on attachment with these broadcasters during his media studies in the United Kingdom.
Chino’no labels himself an award-winning journalist although he has never practiced journalism other than writing opinion articles.-TheZimbabwemail