MIDLANDS Provincial Affairs minister Jason Machaya was yesterday admitted at Avenues Clinic in Harare after he was involved in a car accident along the Harare-Gweru Road yesterday.
His wife confirmed the accident, which occurred just outside Chegutu.
- Zanu Pf Minister in Horrific Car Accident:Pics
- TELEVISION REPORT: Ambassador Amos Midzi’s death
- Ex-Minister Midzi’s Child Cries Foul
- ‘Zanu PF caused Midzi’s death’
- Grace Attack Claims MP’s Life
- Grace Mugabe’s brutal attack claims a second life after foe dies in horror crash
- Chamisa on the run after clamping a man’s testicles with a pair of pliers
She said Machaya was travelling alone from Harare to his Sherwood Farm in Kwekwe.
“One of the wheels of his Land Rover Discovery 4 came off and the car rolled over and he is in a serious condition. We are now transferring him to Avenues Clinic,” she said.
A Zanu PF source said Machaya sustained a deep cut on the head.
Police spokesperson Senior Assistant Commissioner Charity Charamba said she was yet to get the details of the accident.
“I am yet to get the details, let me check for you,” she said.
Many Zanu PF ministers have died in suspicious car accidents, which have left the nation speculating on the causes.
Machaya narrowly survived a government chop last year, where he lost his post as Zanu PF Midlands provincial chairman after he was linked to former Vice-President Joice Mujuru’s camp.
Of late, he has been linked to Zanu PF’s G40 faction and had his suspension from the party lifted