By Fungai Lupande
Neville Mutsvangwa, who was facing allegations of raping a 43-year-old woman at his father’s office in Harare was on Wednesday acquitted.
Harare magistrate Mr Hoseah Mujaya ruled that the complainant’s evidence was poorly presented and exaggerated.
- Mutsvangwa’s son rape: Fresh details emerge
- Shock as Mutsvangwa rape accuser says ‘sex was good’
- Mutsvangwa rape charges : Mensturating victim alleges attacker forced his manhood into her mouth with a blood stained condom
“To the police the complainant said she was penetrated twice but in court she said once,” said Mr Mujaya.
“I cannot accept that she is illiterate that she cannot count to two. Can we shift the blame to the police? If at all the police wanted to make life easy for the accused then this was a poor attempt.”
He said there were contradictions on whether the accused removed the condom before the complainant was made to perform oral sex.
“The moment the rape victim becomes unreliable, the State case collapses. He is not guilty and hereby acquitted.”
Neville is the son of former cabinet minister and diplomat Mr Christopher Mutsvangwa.
He was facing two counts of rape and aggravated indecent assault.
The prosecutor Mr Gorge Manokore alleged that Neville and the complainant used to play casino together at Borrowdale Race Course.
On August 8 this year around 6 pm, it was alleged that the complainant met Mutsvangwa and they played casino until 4am.
The complainant was offered a lift to town and Neville allegedly diverted the route and went to 3 San Fernando along Fife Avenue.
Neville allegedly told the woman that he had been admiring her for a long time and wanted to have sexual intercourse with her. He allegedly raped the woman and forced to perform oral sex.
He offered her $20 and she refused before proceeding to Harare Central Police Station to report the matter. The Herald