National hero and Zimbabwe Ambassador to Mozambique Lieutenant General Douglas Nyikayaramba who succumbed to Covid-19 complications on Tuesday will be buried on Saturday at the National Heroes’ Acre.
- Douglas Nyikayaramba declared National Hero
- Douglas Nyikayaramba Dies
- Beneficiaries of the Reserve Bank of Zimbabwe Multimillion-Dollar Farm Mechanisation Scheme Named
- VP Chiwenga To Serve Transitional Zimbabwe Presidential Term
- Zimbabwe Security Chiefs Finalise President Mnangagwa Departure
- Mnangagwa set to fire police chief Godwin Matanga
- Chiwenga Plots Mnangagwa Ouster
Home Affairs and Cultural Heritage Minister Kazembe Kazembe confirmed the date this afternoon saying the burial will be held under strict Covid-19 conditions as recommended by the World Health Organisation.
Amb Nyikayaramba was declared a national hero due to his illustrious career during the liberation struggle and after independence.
A devout member of the Johanne Masowe Vadzidzi VaJesu vekwaMajinesta apostolic sect, Amb Nyikayaramba was described by many as a decorated soldier and won several accolades during his stint in the army.