A report that Zimbabwean President Robert Mugabe suffered a brain haemorrhage is “not true,” a close family relative said.
The highly placed source told theZimbabwenewslive.com that Mugabe is ok and had gone for a medical check-up .
He is currently holed up in Dubai.
Mugabe, the world’s oldest head of state and one of its longest-serving, is the only leader Zimbabwe has known since gaining independence in 1980. Although Mugabe describes himself as “fit as a fiddle,” reports about his health are not uncommon. The leader, who turned 92 in February, stumbled twice in public in 2015.
His fitness to hold office was called into question further after he delivered the wrong speech at Zimbabwe’s parliament in September last year.
- Just in : Mugabe spokesperson refuses to comment on 92 year old leader’s ill health reports
- Seriously ill Mugabe rushed to Singapore leaving Zimbabwe on fire
- Mugabe’s monthly $300 000 secret payouts to SA tycoon for 10 yrs
- ZIMBABWE EXCLUSIVE:Mugabe agrees to step down ?
- Breaking News: Mugabe Health Deteriorates
More to follow