Founding leader of the Prophetic Healing and Deliverance (PHD) Ministries, Walter Magaya’s legal team has accused Prosecutor General Ray Goba of incompetency and harassment. They allege that Goba is so incompetent that President Emmerson Mnangagwa had to establish a special prosecution unit based in his office to help prosecute cases. Said Advocate Thabani Mpofu,
This case is not about witnesses who cannot come to court and testify but about there is prosecution defect, so strong that the President had to elect a special anti-corruption unit housed in the office of the president to improve efficiency in the fight against graft because the PG seems to be seized with this case only. He comes here and sits with his whole team, harassing my client when the witness has continuously made it clear that she has no any case against the accused.
- Prophet Walter Magaya Surprises Elderly Woman: $10 Offering Earns Lady $1 000
- Strange Twists in Walter Magaya’s Rape Case As Court Documents Are Stolen
- Tempers Flare During Prophet Magaya Rape Trial, He Denies All Charges
- Magaya Rape Accuser Turns Tables on Prosecutor General Goba
- Prophet Magaya Finds Cheap Labour As Followers Weed His Farm
- Prophet Walter Magaya Trial For Rape And Unlawful Termination of Pregnancy Set For April 3
- Magaya miracle money for UK woman
Magaya is facing charges of raping his congregant three times, causing her to have an abortion. He is also accused of obstructing the course of justice after he allegedly deposited US$100 000 into the complainant’s bank account so that she would not testify against him.