HARARE – At his final rally in front of hopeful multitudes, Nelson Chamisa showcased the woman who would be the First Lady of Zimbabwe, if he wins Monday’s election.
- Nelson Chamisa Parades His Wife Sithokozile to Supporters
- The Story About Chamisa’s Wife Sithokozile
- Meet Nelson Chamisa’s Wife Sithokozile In Pictures
- Nelson Chamisa And Wife Sithokozile’s Pictures Goes Viral , Politician Accused Of Abuse
- MDC Alliance Women Fasting Every Friday For Nelson Chamisa
Sithokozile Chamisa has not been seen at any of the 80 rallies so far, as her 40-year-old husband crisscrossed the country preaching a message of hope and transformation.
He recalled how they had met, at a birthday dinner for the late former MDC spokesperson Learnmore Jongwe’s wife, Rutendo, in 2000.
Chamisa, then the secretary general of the Zimbabwe National Students Union (Zinasu), said he had borrowed a vehicle – a Nissan Hardbody – from Tapiwa Mashakada, now a senior MDC figure, to go and impress girls at college.
“Rutendo said I’m introducing you to my cousin, and when I saw her I thought to myself, this is a woman to settle down with,” Chamisa said.
“I had no cent to my name and she repelled my advances. She said I’m a lawyer, you know. I said I’m a lawyer too. Which university did I go to, she asked. I said I haven’t enrolled to study law, but I will,” he added to laughter from the crowd.
The courtship went on for six months before she relented, he revealed.-Zimlive