United States Ambassador to Zimbabwe, Mr Harry Thomas and his French counterpart, Ambassador Laurent Delahousse, helped engineer last week’s civil disturbances in Harare and Bulawayo, Home Affairs Minister Dr Ignatius Chombo has said.
- Vicious Grace physically attacks Robert Mugabe again: Police blamed for neglecting nonagenarian leader
- Leaked CIO classified documents:Violent Grace brutally assaults Robert Mugabe
- Exiled James Makamba speaks on CIO leaked classified documents on Grace Mugabe Adulterous affairs
- BREAKING NEWS:CIO unleashes shocking classified documents on Grace Mugabe as Zanu PF dogs fights gets nasty
- I Am Not Mugabe’s Prostitute – Grace
- Grace Mugabe: Trophy wife’s adulterous relationships with 5 men
- Furious Grace Mugabe warns loud-mouthed Wicknell Chivayo
- Tsvangirai stomach cancer : Mugabe suspected of poisoning former Prime Minister
- Mugabe justifies controversial marriage to Grace :Reason will shock you
- President Robert Mugabe’s Daughter Divorces
- Kaukonde Spied On Grace Mugabe In Love Triangle
- Ghanaian Citizen President Mugabe angry with Ghana
- Muchinguri: Mujuru Beat Me Up For Refusing To Sleep With Mutasa
Minister Chombo said the two were working through dodgy groups and leveraging on social media to foment civil disobedience and ultimately destabilise Zimbabwe.
His National Security counterpart, Minister Kembo Mohadi told The Sunday Mail, “We will continue to gather more intelligence on the disturbances.”
A group going by the name “Tajamuka/Sesijikile”, fronted by former MDC-T youth leader, Promise Mkhwananzi, has been calling for civil disturbances through social media while National Vendors’ Union of Zimbabwe president, Stern Zvorwadza has also been on a crusade to foment an uprising against the Government.
Pastor Evan Mawarire who trades under the banner “#ThisFlag” has been openly propagating an anti-Government sentiment mainly on social media platforms WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook.
Sources told The Sunday Mail that Ambassador Thomas has met civil organisations representatives almost weekly since his posting to Harare in December 2015.
On May 6, 2016; Mr Thomas met Mawarire at his official residence, and later tweeted, “Wonder if #Zimbabwe’s #ThisFlag movement will spread to the US and other nations.”
Ambassador Delahousse is also believed to have met Mawarire several times.
Minister Chombo said Government has intelligence linking the French and American embassies in Harare to last week’s sporadic disturbances.
The Sunday Mail could not determine what action Government would take.
“We have gathered from our intelligence that there is the involvement of Western embassies in all these disturbances that have been taking place.
“The evidence that we have gathered so far shows that the French Embassy in Harare and other Western embassies are part of this plot as part of their regime change machinations.”
Dr Chombo challenged the embassies to deny it. “We know for certain that these groups are receiving sponsorship from these embassies. My challenge to them is to come out in the public to deny this. I know they cannot do so because they know the truth.
“I also want to challenge the protestors who are behind this violence to go and protest at the French embassy and the United States embassy for the sanctions that the West imposed on Zimbabwe.
“Of course, they will never do that because they know that the Americans are their sponsors. Any element or individual who causes unnecessary chaos and mayhem will have nobody else to blame except themselves.
‘‘The duty of police is to maintain law and order, and they will carry out this task with their full might.” Last week, Harare and Bulawayo witnessed sporadic disturbances following calls by shadowy elements for workers not to report for duty and to sabotage certain businesses.
Several characters were arrested, and are being charged with public violence. The incidents appeared co-ordinated as they began with protests at Beitbridge Border Post over the import restrictions recently introduced by Government.
Authorities quickly pointed to a third force, with the Cross Border Traders’ Association distancing itself from the skirmishes that saw vehicles and a Zimra warehouse being burnt and buildings stoned.
That became more apparent as photographs of characters with T-shirts emblazoned with the hashtag Tajamuka emerged. Images from disturbances in Harare days later also show “protestors” wearing similar T-shirts.-Sundaymail