The South African Department of Home Affairs, SAPS and SADF have reportedly set up a massive roadblock between Hammanskraal and Kranshop in preparation for mass deportation of undocumented Zimbabweans.
Scores of undocumented Zimbabwean nationals who access the country by jumping the border fence are being deported back to Zimbabwe. A road block has been set up between Musina and the border. Home Affairs Minister Aaron Motsoaledi is conducting a site inspection.
Motsoaledi said besides the Musina roadblock, there are two other roadblocks at Baobab and another one at Mantsole.
Watch videos below:
Under the plan announced by the South African government in November 2021, Zimbabwe Exemption Permit (ZEP) holders will got a one-year grace period to regularise their stay in South Africa, after which those whose applications would have failed are required to return home.
- SOUTH AFRICA HOLDS STATE FUNERAL FOR ARCHBISHOP DESMOND TUTU
- EXCLUSIVE : Zimbabweans Paid $1 Each to Fund South African Liberation Movement
- South African Government Blasts Ungrateful Zimbabweans Challenging Discontinuation of Special Permits in Courts
- Zimbabwe permit holders in South Africa suffers a humiliating court verdict
- Joshua Maponga Booted Out of South Africa -Video
- Zimbabwean who won R8.2 million lottery in South Africa gets conned by friend
- South Africa’s High Court orders former president Zuma to go back to jail
- South Africa Says 200 000 Zimbabweans Can Stay
- Dewa Mavhinga dies of Covid-19 in South Africa
However, there is no guarantee that all of them will be successful, and, for many of them, the thought of returning home to face an imploding economy has been difficult.
Source – eNCA