ZIMPAPERS Television Network presenter Robert Mukondiwa appeared at the Harare Magistrates Court yesterday facing aggravated indecent assault charges.
Mukondiwa (40) was represented by Agency Gumbo when he appeared before magistrate Barbara Mateko.
- Tommy Sithole : Why Zimbabwe fired boss of its newspaper group in 2001
- Chief Robert Mugabe Burial Explained As Family Snubs Mnangagwa Plans-Video
- PIC:Kadoma Graveyard Turns Into S_ex Bedroom & Shebeen
- Bakers Inn Zimbabwe in Trouble Over Rotten Meat Pies
- US embassy Wanted to Reward Key Mnangagwa Ally Josiah Hungwe For Providing Useful Information
- Homosexual DJ Rimo Sucks In Wicknell , Chatunga and Ginimbi-Video
- Vatican bars gay union blessing, says God ‘can’t bless sin’
- Hooker who bedded 13-year-old boy granted bail, now charged with indecent assault
- South Africa Based Zimbabwean Gay Couple Demand Rights Back Home
- Temba Mliswa stabbing July Moyo with needle in rituals
- Ginimbi’s former manager Ms Shelly shares more detail about his death
- Did you know that former Zimbabwean president Canaan Banana passed a law to ban jokes about his name?
- UK grants asylum to gay football referee from Zimbabwe
- Gay teacher storm at top Harare boys school after he assembled students to expose himself
- From treason, sodomy to elections: Zimbabwe’s biggest legal cases
- Zimbabwe President Mnangagwa Won’t Campaign For Gays And Lesbians
- President Mnangagwa Says Zimbabwe Not Open to Gays
The presenter was remanded in custody to April 12 and advised to approach the High Court for bail.
Allegations are that sometime in July last year, the complainant who is a 19-year-old student in Harare posted a message on Facebook appealing for assistance to pay fees since he is an orphan.
It is alleged that sometime last month, Tsungai Mutasa introduced herself to the complainant on WhatsApp and indicated that she had seen complainant’s appeal for aid.
Mutasa allegedly told the complainant that she stays in the United Kingdom and offered to assist him with school fees. Mutasa referred the student to Mukondiwa, alleging she wanted to verify the pupil’s story with someone in Zimbabwe.
The State alleges on March 2 this year, complainant went to Mukondiwa’s apartment in the Avenues area where he found him with two other unknown male adults watching gay movies. It is alleged that Mukondiwa offered the complainant wine, and the latter accepted the offer. The journalist allegedly later went out to buy more beer.
Upon return at around 2300hrs, Mukondiwa showed the complainant a room to sleep. He allegedly asked the complainant why he was sleeping with his clothes on, and sexually abused him.
Mukondiwa allegedly ordered the complainant not to report the abuse.
The following morning, Mukondiwa gave the complainant US$20.
Complainant went home and sent a message to Mutasa, saying he no longer wanted to be assisted by the accused.
Mutasa allegedly assigned one Frank, who stays in South Africa, and the complainant revealed the ordeal to him. The complainant allegedly reported the matter to the police on March 17, leading to Mukondiwa’s arrest. The complainant was sent to hospital for medical examination and a medical affidavit will be produced in court.