HARARE – Prophetic Healing and Deliverance Ministries (PHD) leader, Walter Magaya, has urged his congregants not to attend his court case today.
- Just In: Prophet Magaya Appears in Court
- Magaya land row : Kasukuwere turns to private media to launch an attack on Mnangwagwa
- Walter Magaya Sex Scandal:Rape Accused PhD Leader to Appear In Court Tomorrow
- Kasukuwere, Prophet Magaya stands saga turns bloody
- #Standsgate saga exposing Kasukuwere and Prophet Magaya ‘s improper relationship turns nasty
- Zanu PF youths get their land back from Prophet Magaya after Mugabe confronted Kasukuwere
- Kasukuwere and Prophet Magaya’s improper relationship exposed
- Mugabe grills Kasukuwere over land sold to Prophet Magaya
- Another Prophet accused of rape weeks after Magaya arrest
- PICTURES: Prophet Walter Magaya’s new guest lodge images surface
- Rape Accused Prophet Walter Magaya Regrets Being Zimbabwean
- Magaya sexed me, wanted marriage: Bev
- Magaya rape case takes new twist : 13 more victims turn up
- Prophet Magaya faces six murders, over 100 rape cases, plus more :Report
Magaya is facing rape charges after a Harare woman filed the criminal charges against him last month.
“I urge all PHD members and sympathisers not to come to court for the hearings. No PHD congregants are allowed at the courts. This is because we don’t want to attract unnecessary attention and also that we do not want people to cause commotion at the courts which might disrupt business.
“We also don’t want to appear as if people are putting pressure on the judiciary, the courts must do their work without being disturbed by people,” Magaya said.
According to court papers, the victim knew Magaya well as she used to be a congregant at his PHD ministries.
Magaya, who is represented by Everson Chatambudza and Oliver Marwa in the current case, is accused of having raped her in June last year, allegedly at his Mt Pleasant residence.
Prosecutors said this had happened after she accepted an invitation from the preacher to visit him, whereupon she was shown around the house.
Later, Magaya had allegedly left her in one of the rooms, before returning naked.
The State claims that Magaya had proceeded to force himself on her once, and allegedly doing so without using protection. It is also the State’s case that after raping her, Magaya gave her $200 after which she later reported the matter to her boyfriend, Elliot Kudakwashe, in July 2015.
The State has lined-up three witnesses in the case.-Dailynews