MASVINGO – The festive season ended tragically for two Zaka brothers who were stabbed and had their car burnt to ashes on December 26, 2023, by unprovoked drunk villagers.
Lloyd Madzvova (40) and his young brother Tichaona Madzvova (36) were stabbed all over the body and Lloyd’s Mazda Demio was burnt to ashes.
Masvingo Police Spokesperson Inspector Kudakwashe Dhewa told The Mirror that they have since launched a manhunt for Julius Mazana (23) and Tavonga Mapanje (25) of Mutsabwa Village, Chief Nhema in Zaka who are the key suspects.
- Man Burnt While Retrieving Victims Of Harare-Mutare Highway Accident
- Malawi burns AstraZeneca doses donated by South Africa
- Chiredzi guard beheaded, body burnt with tyres
- Four perish in Kariba road accident with three of them burnt in mangled Mercedes C200
- Ginimbi’s Will Contents Revealed, He Said All His Clothes Should Be Burned After The Funeral…
- Ginimbi designer clothes and cars to be burnt as per his wish that no one should inherit his wealth: Family
Dhewa said that the Mazda Demio developed a mechanical fault near Mutsambiwa Business Centre around 11 pm and the brothers decided to sleep in the vehicle.
Mazana and Mapanje approached the vehicle around 1 am whilst the brothers were asleep. The two wanted assailants allegedly smashed the front windscreen.
Lloyd woke up and went outside to investigate and he was stabbed with an okapi knife once on the left leg, struck on the head with an unknown object and he fell down unconscious.
Tichaona followed him and he was stabbed on the left cheek, neck and left hand. Lloyd regained consciousness and the brothers managed to escape their attackers and fled into nearby bushes.
Mapanje and Mazana then allegedly stole various goods from the vehicle before setting it on fire and escaping.
The brothers reported the matter at ZRP Zaka and were referred to Ndanga Hospital.-Mirror