A 44-YEAR-OLD man has been found guilty of 11 sexual offences against children after a 10-day trial at Northampton Crown Court.
Simba Masvaure, from Kingsfold, Bradville, Milton Keynes, was found guilty of sexual assault by penetration, attempted rape, and sexual activity with a child. The offences took place over a twelve-year period, in Northampton.
The jury delivered their verdict last Friday (June 11) and Masvaure was remanded in custody for sentencing on Friday, August 13.
- UK Based Zim Brothers Jailed Following Vicious Machete Attack
- Zimbabwean Cricket prodigy Muyeye gets UK asylum
- Zimbabwean man serving 15 years dies in UK prison
- Zimbabwean man in UK court for attempted robbery carrying knife, hammer
- UK-based Zimbabwe herbalist kills woman during healing ritual , jailed 2 years
- Zimbabwean woman fakes husband’s death for £400K insurance claim in the UK
- UK based DJ who beat girlfriend in drunken rage will be deported to Zimbabwe
The officer who led the investigation, Detective Constable Kirsty Brooks from the Force’s Child Protection Team, said: “First and foremost, I’d like to pay tribute to the incredible strength and bravery of the victims. Their stoicism throughout a long investigation and a difficult 10-day trial has been astounding.
“I am so pleased the jury delivered the right verdict. Masvaure is an evil and manipulative man who put his victims through the anguish of a long trial and continued to lie right up to its conclusion.
“He groomed, manipulated, and abused over a long period of time, and to stand up and speak out against him takes enormous courage. It also sends out a message to other victims: we will listen to you; we will believe you; we will do all we can to bring offenders to justice.
“Masvaure is where he should be – behind bars, where he cannot hurt anybody else.”
If you have been a victim of sexual assault, whether recent or non-recent, please come forward and call us on 101 or use our online reporting tool at www.northants.pnn.police.uk