POLICE intends to further detain a woman who was found with 975 grammes of cocaine in her stomach at the Robert Gabriel Mugabe International Airport so that they recover the swallowed drug.
The suspect, Sheila Khumalo, appeared before magistrate Dennis Mangosi yesterday.
- Ashford resident Godwin Hungwe who died in Croatia pool had cocaine in his blood- Inquest
- Mnangagwa’s son arrested at Harare Airport with 6 kgs of cocaine
- Zimbabwean woman busted with 7kg cocaine at Ghana Airport
- Woman Arrested In Zambia With 3.2kg Cocaine Wrapped Around Legs
- UK: Zimbabwe-born drug dealer jailed for £10 cocaine debt killing
- itish Police raid notorious Zimbabwean drug dealers home to find cocaine worth £50000
Khumalo flew into the country from Brazil aboard Ethiopian Airways on Monday and was intercepted by a team of detectives from the CID Drugs and Narcotics Harare, Central Intelligence Organisation operatives and personnel from Zimbabwe Revenue Authority who were acting on a tip-off.
A search of her language led to the discovery of cocaine stashed inside a pair of black socks inside her undergarments weighing 975 grammes worth $7 800 000.
The investigating officer told the court that they had information that Khumalo had ingested 60 sachets with the substance, but had so far has discharged 58 of them.
He argued that Khumalo was a foreign national whose identification particulars were yet to be ascertained.
Khumalo was likely linked to a drug syndicate whose members were still at large, he added. She is expected back in court tomorrow.
Source – newsday