- Jenatry “Chihota” MuranganwaIn 2015, Chihota was convicted of raping a 12 year old girl.The judge slapped him with a five(5) year jail term for grooming and then pleasuring himself on the innocent minor.He is set to be deported from the United Kingdom soon after his release.9 murders committed by Zimbabweans abroad that will shock you5 Suicides of Zimbabwean Asylum Seekers in the UK That Shocked The Nation
- Njabula NgwenyaNgwenya, 19 Formerly of Kendal Drive, Halton Moor, Leeds was sent to a young offender institution in 2012 for six years four months after he admitted rape.
The reenager tricked a student into an alleyway and then raped her after pretending to show her where to catch a safe bus home.
- Ashley DhliwayoDhliwayo, 32, who has always protested his innocence, was convicted after two trials for raping a woman and sexually assaulting another.The jury hearing his first trial failed to reach a verdict, but he was found guilty of single counts of rape and sexual assault after a retrial at Manchester’s Minshull Street Crown Court .Dhliwayo, who moved to Manchester with his family from Zimbabwe in 2000, was jailed for nine years , this year and ordered to sign the sex offenders’ register for life. The court heard the Home Office could now investigate his immigration circumstances.
- Bonface MarovaMarova , a father of four was jailed for 12 years in 2015 for attempting to rape a disabled woman in her home in the UK.It is alleged that Bonface Marova invited himself into the victim’s Leicester home after she had taken pain relief medication and was drowsy. He had befriended her through a mutual friend but turned up unannounced, entering via an unlocked door and asking to use the toilet.Leicester Crown Court was told he said to the woman, in her late 50s: “Has anyone ever told you you’re beautiful?” She was left traumatised after he pinned her to her chair and touched her breasts before trying to rape her. Marova (48), of Woodcote Road, Braunstone, Leicester, denied attempted rape and sexual assault, on December 16.He claimed he once put his arm around her shoulders in a friendly manner to comfort her, but nothing sexual happened between them. A jury rejected his account and convicted him unanimously on both counts. Jacqui Callan, mitigating after the verdicts, said Marova, was diagnosed with HIV in 2002 and his condition was being managed as part of a drugs trial at Leicester Royal Infirmary, with daily medication.
- Walter Mwale, 19One of the two men who celebrated raping a 13-year-old girl by giving each other a high-five in 2010 was sentenced to eight years in a young offenders’ institution .
- Elvis Taona, 22One of the two men who celebrated raping a 13-year-old girl by giving each other a high-five in 2010 was sentenced to eight years in jail.
Judge Hall accepted they had not coerced the girl into the act but said: “This was a sordid little episode.“The two of you came across a group of schoolgirls who were drunk and you took advantage of one of them, ending up in a storeroom.“The incident itself lasted really quite a short time. What I find was particularly distasteful was your celebration of the event afterwards when you high-fived each other.”The men did not make any threats to the teenager, who wrote a victim impact statement to explain to the judge how the incident had affected her life, but she was in a “vulnerable” state, the court heard.She reported the assault to police several days later. Both men denied rape but were found guilty by a jury in January.Daren Samat, defending Taona, said his Zimbabwe-born client noted to the Probation Service in a pre-sentence report “how differently women behave in the UK as opposed to his native home”.He said Taona, of Court Farm Road, Oxford, fled persecution in Zimbabwe and that his mother works for the NHS, although his father is dead.
- Tovimbanashe Mandebvu, 25A rapist described by a judge as “one of the most dangerous men I have ever encountered” has been given an indefinite prison sentence in 2013.He was convicted on two counts of rape, forcing a woman to engage in a sexual activity and a charge of racially aggravated harassment.However, the Whitley man, diagnosed with a psychotic illness, could be considered for release by the Parole Board in just seven years.
- Emmanuel Mutandi
A FORMER Bournemouth University student got 8 years prison after being convicted of raping a prostitute in a graveyard in 2015.Emmanuel Mutandi, of Walnut Walk, Kempston in Bedfordshire, had originally agreed to pay his victim £40 for full sexual intercourse.However, after the pair walked from Southcote Road to St Clement’s Church in Boscombe in the early hours of Saturday, August 2, 2014,the 22-year-old said he only had a £20 note.The woman performed a sex act on him, but as she attempted to leave afterwards, he “grabbed” her and told her he wanted full sex, viciously battering her after the rape.
- Lovemore DubeA man who laughed in a woman’s face as he pinned her to a bed and raped her and then told her that he was HIV positive and had hepatitis C was jailed for nine years with two years suspended.Lovemore Dube (25), who was born in Zimbabwe, has a South African passport and came to Ireland in 2005, pleaded guilty to raping the woman in her home in Cork, and to the theft of house keys, on July 23rd, 2012.
- Brian Tatenda Shayanowako, 54A convicted rapist who knowingly infected a woman with HIV is believed to have absconded to Zimbabwe.Brian Tatenda Shayanowako, 54, of Lower Adelaide Street, Northampton was sentenced to 12 years in his absence after being found guilty at Aylesbury Crown Court of rape on 19 August.Thames Valley Police issued a warrant for his arrest following the conviction.//ENDS