As parliamentarians remembered Perrance Shiri who passed on on 29 July 2020 in parly yesterday, Zanu PF MP for Bindura North Kenneth Musanhi while speaking about Shiri broke down as he recounted fond memories about the late retired Air Marshall, The Herald reports.
- Horror Stories Of How Perrance Shiri Executed Gukurahundi Massacres Emerge
- Mutsvangwa takes over from late Perrance Shiri
- Exclusive: Perence Shiri shot dead as Zanu PF stalwarts clash over Mnangagwa succession
- Shiri was poisoned, says his family
- Minister Shiri declared a national hero
- Perence Shiri cause of death takes new twist
Musanhi could not finish his contibution as emotion overcame him while he outlined how he had worked with Shiri who he said helped him fight a tough Tyso
n (Savior Kasukuwere). Musanhi said;
We fought together against G40. Tyson was a tough guy. Cde Shiri would just give me advice from the background saying he ought not to be seen.
Another Zanu PF legislator, Chikomba Central’s Felex Mhona (Zanu PF) described him as a meek and humble person:
His meekness and humility was a marvel to the people of Njanja, Chikomba Central.
While Pupurai Togarepi said Shiri helped him during the time he was going through a tough time politically:
At one point in my political life I faced challenges. He would give me confidence when chips were down
Meanhwile Norton Legislator Temba Mliswa urged parliamentarians to stop associating Shiri with the Gukurahundi Masscres even after details of his alleged involvement in the masceres evolved.